Richmond Hall, once Richmond Palace is the home of His Lordship, Lord Cooke of Glencoe. First Built for the Duke Of Richmond in 1791, Then being home for a Royal Prince in 1836. At the start of WWI it was used as a hospital base but had a wing blown up in 1916. After WWII the house undertook a £1,000,000,000 project in 1956. Which rebuilt parts and redecorated its interior. Since then its been a private home and because of the 1956 project this building became a loving home and its because of that project that the building is still standing today.
Richmond during the First and Second World War was used as a base. In WWI it was used as a Hospital Base where people stayed before being able to be taken to hospital. In WWII the Hall was used as a Secret Spy Base and was used to try and over take German Forces. On the 4th June 1942 the Hall was hit by a bomb taking parts of the left wing and the roofs.