Developer Exchange – Help and Information Page
How to Cash Out
- If you (a user of Roblox who is 13 years of age or older) have the requisite minimum amount of Robux in your account (as set out in the DevEx Terms), and are a member of the Outrageous Builders Club, you will be presented with an option to exchange your Robux for U.S. dollars at the then current exchange rate set by Roblox (“Cash Out”). That option to Cash Out will be presented as a “Cash Out” button on your account page. To initiate a Cash Out request, click the “Cash Out” button and enter all requested information (i.e. full name and full address*), along with your phone number, email address, and Roblox password. Once done, select from the available payout (exchange rate) options, signify your continued agreement to the Terms and Conditions by clicking the associated check-box, and again click the "Cash Out" button. We will then review the request.
- *Note: If your country is not available, select United States. After submitting the form, send an email to DevEx@roblox.com with an explanation of your issue, along with the desired country not in the list. Make sure to include your username in the email.
- If your request is approved, and if this is your first time cashing out, you will receive an email inviting you to create an account on our DevEx portal. You will be prompted to enter your information at account creation. Please make sure your information is entered accurately into the DevEx portal, and is kept up to date at all times. The information you provide is used to ensure all payments comply with applicable laws and regulations. Inaccuracies in information provided could impact your payment.
Cash Out Monthly Limit
The maximum exchange through DevEx each month is $1,050,000 USD.
Rates. The following exchange rates will apply to DevEx.
Please note that for anyone who has earned Robux prior to March 1, 2017,
each rate below might apply to a different part of your holdings.
- New Rate. $.0035/R$ (which comes out to $350 USD for 100,000 Robux). This rate applies to all Robux earned on or after March 1, 2017.
- Old Rate. $.0025/R$ (which comes out to $250 USD for 100,000 Robux). This rate applies to all Robux earned before March 1, 2017.
Important Notes Related to the Exchange Rates - Please Read
- Anyone with a “Historical Balance” (i.e., a current Robux balance as of the start March 1, 2017) will have DevEx funds pulled from their account at the Old Rate until all Robux are cleared their Historical Balance. Your Historical Balance is based on a snapshot of your Robux balances as of March 1, 2017. All DevEx requests up to the amount we have in the snapshot will be exchanged at the Old Rate.
- Your Historical Balance of Robux can only get decreased by successful DevEx requests. So, spending your current Robux balances on games, hats or other cool stuff will not get you to the higher exchange rate faster.
- If you have remaining Historical Balance of Robux at the time your DevEx Request is approved, you will receive an email with the break down of Robux cashed out at the Old Rate, at the New Rate (if any), as well as your remaining Historical Balance.