Advertisement - Why am I seeing ads? Report

ERROR MESSAGE POPS UP AND I CAN'T PLAY!

Sort:
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
MADTBONE is not online. MADTBONE
Total Posts: 108
15 May 2011 03:09 PM
Every time i have tried to play Roblox for weeks now, an error message pops up that says:

An error occured while starting roblox
Details: HttpSendRequest failed: HRESULT 0x80072efd

Once I close out the error message, it just has a window that says that Roblox is updating, but it just never stops. I have tried uninstalling the game, but it won't uninstall so that I can even reinstall it.

Please help me! I really want to play my games!!!
ReplyReport Abuse
dturnism is not online. dturnism
Total Posts: 2
15 May 2011 03:23 PM
Me too that exact same thing to me happed ,and I went to unstall and it pops that same thing up again.I herd some one say it was cause some virus ads got past Google firewall and it gave us a virus, but i don't know what happened but they need to fix it.
ReplyReport Abuse
stupid3700 is not online. stupid3700
Total Posts: 1337
15 May 2011 03:46 PM
HttpSendRequest failed: HRESULT 0x80072efd

This is an issue non-administrator accounts may be having when trying to connect to ROBLOX if they have Norton\Symantec or Bullguard.

The error may say: An error occured while starting Roblox. HttpSendRequest failed: HRESULT 0x80072efd

First be sure your computer system date and time are correct. If you need help with that please search Builderman's Help for change date.

This solution is for users using Norton/Symantec. They should make sure they follow the steps in the wiki already (adding exceptions to program controls) and then they should do the following:

1. Login as the administrator
2. Run LiveUpdate
3. Under the Norton Protection Center, in the bottom left corner, under Quick Tasks, click Run LiveUpdate
4. Under the Norton Internet Security tab, go to Settings ->Internet Security and Firewall Options -> LiveUpdate -> #General Settings, make sure Automatic LiveUpdate is set to on. And under Personal Firewall and Intrusion Prevention, make sure Monitor for updates is selected, and Automatically update my protection is selected for both.
5. Schedule LiveUpdate run on a regular basis:

Go to Control Panel -> Classic View -> Symantec LiveUpdate -> Automatic LiveUpdate and change the frequency to every 4 hours.

Instructions for Bullguard security software:

1. Open Bullguard internet security by clicking the small icon at the bottom right of your screen. On the tabs on the left, select "Firewall".

2. When Firewall is open, at the top of the window, select "Profiles" and 3 options will come up: High Security, Low security, or Custom Security.

3. Double click "Custom Security" and locate ROBLOX, "Play ROBLOX", "ROBLOX Studio" and any related ROBLOX files. Make sure they are all set to "Allow". When you have finished, click "Ok" and then click "Activate".

From the Help Pages.
ReplyReport Abuse
luigitime09 is not online. luigitime09
Total Posts: 231
11 Dec 2011 12:39 PM
it happens to me to I cant play games :o
ReplyReport Abuse
rebublic100 is not online. rebublic100
Total Posts: 11
11 Dec 2011 12:53 PM
COME ON IT WONT LET ME PLAY ROBLOX GAMES! I ALREADY UPLOADED IT ABOUT 30 TIMES IT STILL WONT LET PLAY ROBLOX GAMES!.
ReplyReport Abuse
princesspenut is not online. princesspenut
Total Posts: 1
26 May 2012 12:07 PM
The same thing happens to me someone please help me i want to play games not whatch the computer screen!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Stupid the directions you give r to hard for me do u know any easier ones???
ReplyReport Abuse
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Add a Reply

Advertisement Report