Advertisement - Why am I seeing ads? Report
Roblox is currently undergoing maintenance.  You may encounter intermittent connectivity issues.

Station above Alteris 5 (Revised version, I removed several unnesesary parts

Sort:
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Kerion is not online. Kerion
Total Posts: 18113
19 Mar 2010 09:57 PM
Basic set up
You are a Terran Legionare who was recently garrisoned at a space station orbiting the relatively unexplored planet Alteris 5. What is known about the planet is that it is covered in dense jungle, and that jungle is filled with ver large and hard to kill predators. The space station known as Glimmer and is often considered quite luxurious for a frontier outpost.
A note to the players,
This roleplay will result in combat eventually and also quite likely a phsudo survival situation.
Rules
General rules:
No ubering
Normal roblox rules
You may only play the NPCs limitedly
The only species available to you is human. You can’t be an alien.
You can kill other players but it isn’t recommended.

Character sheets
RPName:
RPAge:
Armor: (you always have at least a light combat suit and combat helmet, you don’t have to wear it all of the time though)
Weapons: you automatically have the L92 combat pistol, and the H27 hornet SMG you can also chose an assault rifle or a heavy weapon and six grenades.
Other gear.
Ugenics: (you can only have one pack. You can also choose not to have any ugenics)
RPbio:
RPappearance:

Terminalogy
Standard fire projectile weapon: Uses gun powder or a variant there of to fire the projectile
Gauss projectile weapon: uses a string of carefully coordinated electromagnets to fire the projectile.
Hybrid fire weapon: uses Gauss and standard fire to propel the round. These can frequently be switched to only use one mode or the other however not all can do this.
Endothermic (round, grenade, etc.): an item that causes a chemical reaction that sucks the heat from the surrounding area. Sometimes called frost weapons. Most cause an extremely sudden drop in temperature that can break electronics and very quickly kill a person.
Eugenics: the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population through the manipulation of DNA or selective breeding. I will go further into this subject later.
Wallies/Wally controls/Wally glove: a control system where you put a part of your body (like your arm) into a socket and it controls the suit by moving as you do. Standard sci-fi thing, if you have read the book sentenced to prism (yes I mean prism) by Alan Dean Foster the MHW uses these. The big suits in the movie Avatar also use a version of these. As in the gloves the colonel put on that made the suit moved like he did.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 09:58 PM
WEAPONS
wepName: A23 assualt rifle
Type: Projectile, hybrid gauss standard proplsion
damage: 6
Penetration: medium suit armor, light vehicle armor
Range: accurate: 650 feet Max: 1300 feet
Fire rate: 18 rounds per second
Clip size: 32 rounds reloadable.
Recoil: 2
Attachments: 1, 2, 3, 6
Additional details: has an underslung grenade launcher.

wepName: A-18 light assualt rifle
Type: projectile standard guass hybrid.
Damage: 5
Penetration: medium suit armor, no vehicle armor
Range: accurate 500 feet, max 1000 feet
Fire rate: 18 rounds per second
Clip: 32 rounds
Recoil: 2
Attachments: 1,2,6

wepName: H27 hornet smg
Type: projectile, standard fire.
Damage: 4 (vs armor) 8 (vs unarmored)
Penetration: medium suit armor, doesn’t penetrate armored vehicles, can shred an unarmored person
Range: accurate: 40 feet max: 140 feet
Fire rate:32 rounds per second
Clip size: 82 standard clip, 200 barrel clip.
Recoil: 1 for small burst 3 for sustained fire.
Attachments: 2, 3

wepName: TR92 “Guardian” machine gun
Type: projectile standard fire
Damage: 7
Penetration: heavy suit armor, medium vehicle armor
Range: (with tripod) accurate 700 feet, max: 1350 feet
Fire rate: 36 rounds per second
Clip size: 360
Recoil: 4 without tripod, 5 sustained fire without tripod, 1 with tripod
Attachments: 2,3,4,6
Additional details: has a collaspable tripod (max hieght 2 ft). Is meant to be used with its signature ultralloy blast shield (attachment 4).

wepName: WR192 shotgun
Type: projectile standard fire
Damage: 3-10 depending on number of pieces of shot that hit.
Penetration: light suit armor, no vehicle armor
Range: accurate 100 feet, max 500 feet.
Fire rate: depends on wielder, usually about 1-2 times per second
Clip: 7 rounds, load by the round not as a whole
Recoil: 3
Attachments: 2,6.

wepName: MK203 “longshot” sniper rifle
Type: projectile Standard guass hybrid, can switch to either mode alone as well
Damage: 5-9 depending on accuracy 5 is a stomach shot 9 is a head shot
Penetration: medium suit armor, medium vehicle armor.
Range: accurate 1 3/4 miles max 4 1/2 miles.
Fire rate: 1-2 times per second without aiming, with aiming the time vaires highly.
Clip: five rounds
Special ammo slots: 1, is capable of firing any kind of projectile ammunition.
Recoil: 2 with bipod, 3 without
Attachments: 1,2,5,6
Additional details: Has a permanantly mounted collapsible bipod (max hieght, 8 inches)

wepName: L92 combat pistol
Type: projectile Standard guass hybrid
Damage: 4
Penetration: medium suit armor, no vehicle armor.
Range: accurate 150 feet, max 300 feet.
Fire rate: 4 times per second accurate: 3 times per second
Clip: 13 rounds
Special ammo slots: 2, can manage all types of bullet that fit.
Recoil: 1
Attachments: 2,6
Additional details: is well weighted to pistol whip someone.

wepName: D22 Pulse rifle
Type: Energy
Damage: 8
Penetration, heavy suit armor, medium vehicle armor
Blast radius: 8 inches
Range: max 100 feet.
Fire rate: 3 per second
Energy pack: 60 shots
Firing modes: full automatic, semi-automatic
Recoil: 4
Attachments: 2
Additional details: it overheats after 30 successive shots, it is recommended you fir it in 12 shot or fewer bursts.

wepName: AT22 “big daddy” anti tank missile
Type: explosive missile
Damage: 10
Penetration: all except certain special armors and cruiser weight armor
Blast radius: 5 feet shrapnel: 15 feet
Range: max 300 feet
Fire rate: 1 shot every 30 seconds at best.
Ammunition: 1 shot, reloadable
Ammunition capabilities: shrapnel missile, anti tank missile, bunker buster.
Attachments: 5,6

Name: Fragmentation grenade
Type: grenade, explosive
Damage: 3-10 depending on distance from grenade
Penetration: explosion: all but heavy vehicle and super heavy suit armor, shrapnel: light suit armor, no vehicle armor
Blast radius: 6 feet blast, 16 feet shrapnel.
Additional details: none

Name: endothermic grenade
Type: grenade, chemical, cold
Damage: 5-7
Penetration: instantaneous: light suit armor, given time: all but heavily thermaly insulated.
Blast radius: starts at 4 feet but expands to 16 feet in a short amount of time.
Additional details: It causes such a rapid and focused reduction in temperature that given a little time the endothermic grenade can crack a tank’s armor. It is extremely deadly against lightly armored people because it causes instant severe frost-bite and given a few seconds can freeze the entire body solid.

Name: shock grenade
Same as the frag just minus the shrapnel.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 09:59 PM
HOOK UPS
Name: standard bayonet
Hook up number: 1
Effect: an eight in bladed knife designed for hooking to a gun.
Independent operation: yes.

Name: energy bayonet
Hook up number: 1
Effect: when inactive looks and functions like a normal bayonet, when active the edge of the blade is sheathed in energy and it becomes a lot more effective at cutting through armor, it can pierce heavy suit armor and medium vehicle armor
Independent operation: yes

Name: barrel mounted flashlight
Hook up number: 2
Effect: it’s a flashlight that hooks up to your gun barrel

Name: barrel mounted stunner
Hook up number: 3
Effect: it has a range of 16 feet, when it hits it disrupts the nervous system cause temorary paralysis

Name: Light energy shield
Hook up number: 3
Effect: produces a rectangular enegy shield that goes around the barrel. It is about 3 1/2 feet high and 2 ½ feet wide
Independent operation: yes, if used independantly it is usualy attached to the wrist.

Name: “guardian” blast shield
Hook up number: 4
Effect: a 3 ½ foot wide and 1 ½ foot tall blast shield with a 3”x6” cut out at the top from which the barrel of the machine gun extends. You are meant to lie prone behind it while manning the gun
Independent operation: sort of, you can set it one the ground and use it as cover.

Name: infrared scop
Hook up number: 5
Effect: allows you to see in complete blackness
Independent operation: no.

Name: laser sight
Hook up number: 6
Effect: puts a red dot on the spot where you are aiming
Independent operation: no
Other gear
Just about any basically real world gear, from binoculars to a screw driver. You can add a sci fi twist to it though. These are things that aren’t weapons.

Additional gear
Just about anything that isn’t meant to be a weapon. This includes almost all mundane items like screw drivers, batteries, hammers, you name it. You can have it be a normal item or you can add a sci-fi twist to it.
The section following is advanced gear

Name: life signs scanner
Effect: detects nearby living things of at least 6 in in length and shows the apporximate location of them Max range 200 ft it doesn’t go through walls

Name: Night vision goggles
Effect: self explanitory. please note these aren’t as bulky as current ones and have a wider field of view

Name: mediscanner
Effect: checks over a persons body and tells the user what injuries, poisons, or other harmful stuff is effecting the person.

Name: Jump pack
Effect: it is a lot like a jet pack but it can’t fire continuously for more then 5 seconds. It is usually used to increase the range of a jump or occasionally slow oneself down while falling

You can come up with more but if it is not self explanitory you must show it in the following lay out and wait for confirmation.
Name:
Effect:
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:00 PM
armor
Name: light combat suit
Armor: light over non vital areas, medium over chest Helmet is separate
Armaments: none, a stunner can be hooked up though.
Additional properties: has flahlights on the right arm and shoulder.

Name: Medium combat suit
Armor: medium, not quite hevy over the chest but strong enough to reduce damage in that area. Stun shielded, helmet is separate
Armaments: arm mounted stunner
Additional properties: has flahlights on the right and and shoulder

Name: Heavy combat suit
Armor: heavy, has a permanantly mounted helmet with faceplate. The faceplate counts as medium armor
Armaments: has a light machine gun and a stunner mounted on the right arm. Light machine gun is the same as a full auto version of the L92 combat pistol
Additional properties: air tight, breathing filters, air tank with 3 hours worth of air, has flashlights on both shoulders the right arm and the left side of the helmet, can have a jump pack attached, has a life signs and motion sensor biult in, has a permanantly installed suit to suit radio. It has tiny motors assist the wearer in movements. Light support and escape components are EMP shieled but are otherwise unshieled. It is about 8 1/2 feet tall and 3 feet wide there by resticting movement

Name: Combat helmet
Armor: medium, only covers head, face plate is light armor
Armaments: none
Additional properties: has a flashlight mounted on the lift side, can be set to be sealed, has a breathing filter, has an air tank with 15 minutes worth of air. It is meant to be used with the medium and light combat suits

Vehicles
Vehicles aren’t available yet, I will tell you and give you the vehicle stats when they are.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:01 PM
Eugenics
A little background: participating in a eugenics program is highly illegal. Being the subject of one though not necessarily illegal is highly frowned upon and is a major subject of discrimination. If you are the product of one of such experiments you are generally looked upon as something less than human.
Eugenics packages

Name: Combat
Qualities: slightly increases strength, pain tolerance, heal rate, stamina, and bone strength, It massively increases reaction speed though. These aren’t increased to the point you’re practically a super hero. It is just significantly greater than a normal person of your biuld and level of fitness and experience would have.
Detectability: medical scanner: 2 observation of habits over time: situational, if the person is a eugenisist or knows what to look for, 3 otherwise, 1. If you know how to disguise it all of the detection is reduced by 1
Effect on appearance: people with this tend to be slim but have a lot of lean muscle, and tend to be relatively tall.

Name: Strength
Qualities: Massively increases strength, both increasing the ability of a single muscle cell and the number of them. It massively increases the effect of exercise. It also slightly increases the whole body’s durability to the point it can take its own strength.
Detectability: visual: 1 medical scanner: 4 observation of habits over time: 3. If you hide it reduce the visual and the observation over time by 1
Effect on appearance: Causes the person to be heavily muscled, broad shouldered, and big boned.

Name: Utility
Qualities: slightly increases strength, stamina, mental focus, senses, multi-tasking, stamina, rate of maturation (you grow up faster by about 2 years), IQ, memory, and healing rate. These are just very minor increases that only make you slightly more effective at things than other people.
Detectability: medical scanner: 1
Effect on appearance: none, although it tends to lead being of above average height.

Name: Mental
Qualities: Massive increase in IQ, mental focus, multitasking, and memory. Negative effect: it tends to lead to inferior vision and social skills
Detectability: medical scanner: 2
Effect on appearance: people with this tend to look like stereotypical nerds.

Name: durability
Qualities: Massively increases bone strength, the whole bodies resistance to injury, and significantly increases stamina
Detectability: visual: 1 medical scanner: 4 Special, you are seen getting hit by something that would normally cause grievous injury but it only causes a little damage: if the person knows what to look for, 5 if they’re observant, 4 otherwise, 3
Effect on appearance: varies, people with this tend to be tall, barrel chested, and broad shouldered.

Name: Stamina
Qualities: massively increases stamina, slightly increases strength and running speed. People with this have a really hard time getting out of shape too. It slightly decreases the amount of sleep the person needs. People with this tend to be a little hyper however.
Detectability: medical scanner: 1 observation over time: is they’re a eugenicist, 3 otherwise they just assume you’re a good athlete
Effect on appearance: tall, skinny, lean muscle, long legs (not excessively).
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:02 PM
I apologize for the large amount of reading to make a character. Anyhow, I hope you have fun.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:15 PM
RPName: Pvt. Jeremy Martin
RPAge: 22
Armor: medium combat suit and helmet
Weapons: L92 combat pistol, H27 hornet SMG, A23 assault rifle, 2 endothermic grenades, 4 fragmentation grenades. Energy bayonet, barrel mounted flashlight.
Other gear: Screw driver, wrench, night vision goggles.
eugenics: combat
RPbio: Unknown to him he was made for what he does, he had never known that he was the product of a eugenics experiment. Upon reaching the legal age for enlistment he joined the Terran Legion out of patriotism.
RPappearance: 6'3", brown hair, green eyes, chiseled features, when in civilian clothes he wears blue jeans and usually a T-shirt.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:33 PM
I lie down in my bunk reading. Many old science fiction novels caught my eye, sometimes I had a chuckle at how a small number of them actually turned out to be close to reality.
ReplyReport Abuse
Sigurdcrozov is not online. Sigurdcrozov
Top 25 Poster
Total Posts: 42508
19 Mar 2010 10:37 PM
(Considering joining.)
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:39 PM
I hear my stomach rumble, I realized that I hadn't eaten breakfast and I get up, I put the book down and I open the door out of my quarters. I start walking towards the mess hall saying hello to fellow soldiers as I pass them.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:40 PM
(thanks, I will have to leave in about twenty minutes though.)
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
19 Mar 2010 10:48 PM
Name: Colonel Anthony Kuslov

Ag/e: 31

Armor: Heavy Combat Suit

Weapons: The two standard weapons, along with the anti tank missile launcher.

Other gear: None

Ugenics: Strength

RP-BIO: Kuslov is a very commanding, yet outgoing and loud man, who treats his soldiers with respect (if they deserve it), and is not that hard to get along with. He carries a heavy, Russian-esque accent.

RP-APPEARANCE: Large, tan, black hair, dark blue eyes, heavily muscled and scarred, broad shoulders, protruding cheeks, thick bones, 6'6.

His civilian clothes are a pair of black boots, and baggy black cloth pants that are tight-fitting on him. He has a green, armless T-shirt, that his muscles bulge under.

(Sup.)
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:49 PM
(accepted)
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
19 Mar 2010 10:51 PM
Anthony sat in the mess hall, alone at a table and eating quickly. He ignored the lonely feeling around him, with a large grin.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:52 PM
I reach the mess hall, seeing the colonel I hastily stand at attention and solute him.
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
19 Mar 2010 10:54 PM
Anthony turned to the saluting private with a grin."At ease, comrade!" he shouted to him, then gave a low chuckle and returned to eating. He wasn't a very serious man, but it helped.
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 10:58 PM
I begin walking towards the meal counter. I get a sandwich, ham on rye with mustard and pepper jack cheese. I sit down at the colonel's table in an empty seat across from him. "Sir, have you by chance heard about the research expedition that's supposed to be arriving in a few days?"
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
19 Mar 2010 10:59 PM
Anthony paused at the question, chewing quietly, as if in thought. Then, he shook his head."No, comrade, I was not informed of this." he replied."Is it important?"
ReplyReport Abuse
19 Mar 2010 11:03 PM
"Not really, it's technically goin' through the civilian part of the station. I just have a good ear for that kind of thing. (I gtg. I'll be on tomarrow.)
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
19 Mar 2010 11:04 PM
(Bye.)

"Ah, I see comrade." Anthony replied with a nod of his head. Then, he gave a grin."Well, comrade, let us eat." And with that, he returned to his joyous little 'feast'.
ReplyReport Abuse
20 Mar 2010 10:18 AM
"That sounds like a good idea." I pick up my sandwich and bite into it.
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
20 Mar 2010 10:22 AM
In a fairly short amount of time, Anthony finished. With a large grin, he stood and walked off to put up the tray.
ReplyReport Abuse
20 Mar 2010 10:30 AM
I finish my meal quickly, still in old habits form battlefields elsewhere where combat could come at a moments notice, often leaving a soldier's lunch only half finished.
I get up and put my tray in the stack and I walk towards the colonel.
ReplyReport Abuse
Top 25 Poster
20 Mar 2010 10:31 AM
Anthony was once again seated, drumming his fingers loudly in boredom. He turned his head to the approaching Private."Yes, comrade?" he asked, still holding the usual grin.
ReplyReport Abuse
20 Mar 2010 10:35 AM
"I figured I ought to ask you, what's your guess as to how long that new expedition lasts once it gets onto the planet. I'm guessing about 2 hours at best." I say with a small smile.
ReplyReport Abuse
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 18Goto to page: 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18 Next

Add a Reply

Advertisement Report