ROBLOX under attack(Again.) and what you should do.

Sort:
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Navydev is not online. Navydev
Total Posts: 264
19 Dec 2013 09:43 PM
So it appears that, once again, someone has figured out how to use CE's lua engine to cleverly convert text(again,) into code.

Obviously this is annoying and game breaking at worst.

You can protect your games by simply shutting them down, and cracking down on your group of trusted Admins to report these infractions of your game to you. You should also report these people who are known "hackers," on their page to bring their account's attention to the ROBLOX staff.

Some common things these types of people will do:
Run LUA code in the chat.
Import items into their backpacks.
Disable or Remove game scripts.

Things to do to stop that:
Store any weapons or important information in your Server storage - since it isn't stored client side, they WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS. It is also important to keep game related functions and scripts in here as well, for the same reasons.

Run checks via local script in a person's backpack periodically to see if he or she has any "illegal"(items that arent normally found in your game,) and ban them.

Use the ChildRemoved method to check for any of your scripts being destroyed from your game, and have it shut down, or crash players in this server accordingly to prevent map theft.

Lastly, you can run checks to see if someone is typing in code(Search the Scripters Forums for this kind of defense, I'm sure people will be more than happy to help you.)

If all else fails, tell Roblox about it via Forums and Email. They do care, and will no doubt do their best to push out a patch as soon as possible.
ReplyReport Abuse
Decur is not online. Decur
Total Posts: 386
19 Dec 2013 09:49 PM
First of all, tl;dr.
Second of all, after reading the first sentence I literally lol'd.
Because you know all this you must be one of these alleged "hackers", and you plan to use CE to exploit ROBLOX?

lel
ReplyReport Abuse
BaconParadox is not online. BaconParadox
Total Posts: 24692
19 Dec 2013 09:52 PM
I thought we use garlic against them

There is one thing important in this world. And that is bacon.
ReplyReport Abuse
Navydev is not online. Navydev
Total Posts: 264
19 Dec 2013 09:53 PM
I've literally been spammed about script kiddies ruining a game I moderate. It's annoying - and it's always the same. "Admin scripts - Scythes - Ray guns - messing with time - chatting script from the chatbar."

People need to srs stahp.
ReplyReport Abuse
Xerolayne is not online. Xerolayne
Forum Moderator
Total Posts: 927
19 Dec 2013 10:26 PM
This sure sounds like a very thoughtful response to the issues connected to exploiting. Props to navy for taking the time to type this one out.
ReplyReport Abuse
Bobby28256 is not online. Bobby28256
Total Posts: 917
19 Dec 2013 11:04 PM
take pics
ReplyReport Abuse
Previous Thread :: Next Thread 
Page 1 of 1

Add a Reply